Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reflection for Sunday.

Yesterday we celebrated the 90th birthday of a true hero.
Mae Ingram, for all of my memory, has been an example of true love, compassion, service, and fun.

A minister in her own right, she served as mother, pastors wife, Sunday school teacher, Womens
Ministry leader, and general best aunt in the world!

She and my Uncle Ray, were the first pastors I had, and they set a high standard!
I remember in that little Pentecostal Holiness Church, in Hinton OK, how at prayer time, I would get as close to her as I could, because I loved to hear her pray!
Oh how that woman can pray!

Her daughter was not only my cousin, but one of my first friends.
Even after they moved away, she would come visit and MAKE me get out of my room, and get out and about, and see people.
(I had a tendency to be a loner back then too.)

My cousin and HER daughters did a very good job of putting the party together, and actually surprised Aunt Mae!
It was great to see her look around and greet everyone who came to celebrate her!

It was a blessing to see, and a wonderful day!
Her family did rise up and honor her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people!